Helping children with autism thrive
Where do I go? Who do I turn to?
Many families come to us for help for their children with autism spectrum disorder. It can be tough. Our evaluation and treatment team focus on the whole child to help with understanding the child’s needs and providing care plans for decreasing problem behaviors, building skills, and improving family life.
How we can help your child
The first step is understanding your child’s needs. If you think your child may have autism spectrum disorder, don’t wait to seek care.
We provide comprehensive evaluations and behavioral treatment that help children become more successful and participate fully in life.
What we do
We offer comprehensive services for children ages 12 months to 18 years:
- Address problem behaviors
- Build adaptive and functional skills
- Provide quality evidence-based care, including applied behavioral analysis (ABA)
- Teach parents to support communication skills
- Offer onsite treatment at all times
- Deliver an ongoing plan of care and support
- Provide 1-on-1 interventions for families and children
- Provide psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Offer parent support group meetings covering a range of relevant topics
Waiting won’t help. Care will.
Is your child experiencing:
- Difficulty communicating what they want or need?
- Trouble playing or interacting with others?
- Major tantrums?
- Repetitive or unusual behaviors?
We can help your child
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, The Children’s Center Autism Center may be able to help.
Autism can be overwhelming. We can help.
We help address problem behaviors and build essential skills. We teach parents to support communication skills. And we help children thrive at home and in the community.
You can visit us at 101 Alexandrine East, Detroit, MI 48201, or give us a call today at 313.831.5535.