Birthdays are for kids
What better way to celebrate your birthday than to give to others?
It would be amazing if you would ask your family and friends for donations to The Children’s Center instead of getting birthday gifts, and help heal the children of Detroit.
Ready to donate your birthday?
It only takes 6 easy steps to create your own fundraiser. You can even add fun photos or videos to your fundraiser page.
Here’s how you do it
- Go to your Facebook account (or create one here!)
- Go to your ‘home’ page, and look on the left side column. You should see the ‘Fundraisers’ option under “Explore” at the bottom. Click on “Fundraisers” and Facebook will walk you through.
- Search for The Children’s Center of Wayne County – look for our blue and yellow logo!
- Set your fundraising goal and time-frame. We’ve seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you particularly like to challenge your friends.
- Invite people on your friends’ list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you’re giving them an opportunity to participate in something large and global. No problem if they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time – you’ve at least extended an invitation.
- Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to FTG because of YOU – because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you’re the bee’s knees (and we do, too!).
And then, have fun!!
Not ready to donate your birthday?
If today is not your birthday, just fill out the form below to pledge your birthday. When the day gets near, we’ll send you a reminder to let you know how to start fundraising.