Working here could be the most inspiring thing you’ll ever do.
Our employees love what they do
They are committed to serving families and being a part of an organization with a strong set of values. These values set us apart from other agencies, guiding all of our decisions and actions.
Agency Core Values
- Can Do Attitude
Who we are
The Children’s Center is home to many specialized clinical services. We lead the way in working with children who struggle with behavioral, emotional, educational, intellectual and developmental challenges or may have experienced trauma.
We treat the whole child, looking at more than a single issue so we can provide the best, most comprehensive integrated care. We examine barriers in the home, school and community, working with the family who raises them and the organizations that support them.
We provide best practice and evidence-based care to guide diagnosis and treatment, and help families overcome their struggles.
The Children’s Center is searching for team members who live to serve. Our families deserve the best care and support, and we need dedicated staff to help children and families shape their own bright futures. Come and explore our opportunities.
– Debora Matthews, President And Ceo, The Children’s Center
Our vision reflects our community’s changing needs for providing care and our evolving position as a leading authority on children’s mental and behavioral health:
“To champion the never-ending quest for providing the best care, helping children learn to self-advocate once they’re outside the comfort of our walls, and get them on the road to a happier, more fulfilling childhood.”
Being a home-based clinician offers amazing opportunities for developing a strong therapeutic rapport with families in our program. Providing clinical work in the home setting offers a very personal and intimate view of our families’ lives. When families open their doors to clinicians, they are inviting us to witness the incredible joys and grief they face. We not only collect their stories and listen to their experiences, we are privileged to witness their life as it occurs in their homes and communities. Every day as a home base clinician offers new experiences and the opportunity to share special moments in our families’ lives.
– Lacey Harris, Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician, The Children’s Center
Inspired work environment
The Children’s Center is fortunate to have a variety of staff including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and counselors who care about creating a positive, healthy work environment.
There are multiple ways our staff contributes to and shapes our environment, including participating in our strategic planning process.
Our brand promise
Helping children dream again.
We’re looking for the right people
We’re looking for people who are motivated, inspired and passionate about helping children and families heal, grow and dream again.
We are hiring case managers, supports coordinators, clinicians, social workers, teachers and administrative staff to join our team. Some of our programs include Child Welfare, ABA Services, Developmental Disability Services, Head Start, and Early Childhood Behavioral Health including Infant Mental Health, Home-Based Services and General Behavioral Health Services.
At The Children’s Center, you’ll be part of a driven team of amazing people with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. We offer competitive compensation packages and a comprehensive new hire orientation, plus excellent benefit plans, including four weeks of paid time off in the first year.
Why work at The Children’s Center?
- Commitment to serving our families according to our core values
- Great teamwork with the opportunity to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Respect for fellow staff members
- Outstanding leadership
- Commitment to professional development opportunities including education reimbursement and continuing education credits
- Comprehensive compensation and benefit programs
- National Health Service Corps approved site which could provide student loan reimbursement
- Excellent paid time off package
- Dynamic Midtown location close to public transportation, shops, restaurants, theater, and sporting events
As an organization, The Children’s Center is keenly focused on the needs of children, youth and families. As a result, our leadership takes great time and attention to improving the organization. All staff are given the opportunity to participate in advancing our organizational goals by participating in a 90-day initiative called ROCKs. This allows staff to help improve the quality of the organization and live the our Mission: Helping Children Shape Their Own Futures.
– Carlynn Nichols, Chief Clinical Officer, The Children’s Centercall To Action Text
We reward and recognize our staff
The Children’s Center consistently recognizes and pays tribute to the value and contributions of our staff. The peernominated YOU ROCK award recognizes staff members for their outstanding contribution to the agency, including demonstrating our core values.
We hold events throughout the year to offer our employees the opportunity to spend time together. We hold quarterly staff meetings and brown bag sessions to ensure proactive communication with our staff.
To help children and families shape their own futures.
Our brand promise
To help children dream again.
The magnitude of need
More than 100,000 children in Greater Detroit are vulnerable to mental health disorders, abuse, neglect and poverty.
Consider the following:
- 1 in 5 children have a diagnosable mental disorder
- Autism is the fastest growing diagnosis in the country:
1 in 68 children (5 times more common among boys; 1 in 42)
- Every 28 seconds a child is placed in foster care
- Every 18 minutes a child is abused or neglected
- Less than 50% of greater Detroit’s children arrive to kindergarten ready-to-learn
- Annual Budget: Over $26 million
- Children served: Nearly 7,500 annually
- Ages served: Birth through 21
- Staff: Over 300 therapists, case workers, psychiatrists, psychologists and support staff. Governed by a Board of Directors comprised of civic, community, and business leaders
- Volunteers: More than 1,000 dedicated volunteers
- Services: Evidence-based services supported by research-proven outcomes
An inspiring career begins here
The Children’s Center has more than 300 staff providing treatment to over 8,000 children and families annually. To apply for a dynamic and exciting career at The Children’s Center, click on the button below.
The Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer.