Helping fathers and children thrive
All children need their fathers.
Children with more involved fathers have healthier, more fulfilling lives with fewer behavioral, emotional and academic issues. The Children’s Center Fatherhood Initiative works to support fathers in our community by helping them play a leading role in their child’s life.
We empower fathers
The Children’s Center Fatherhood Initiative is committed to helping fathers, male caregivers and their families achieve positive outcomes and become strong advocates for their children. We help fathers and male caregivers become strong role models for their children. We do this by providing a range of assistance for fathers:
- Our initiative offers community support and professional guidance
- Assistance with Friend of Court challenges
- Fatherhood Support Network with access to “The 7 Habits of a 24/7 Dad”
- Leadership and decision-making committees
- Father-child social activities
- We educate other service providers to understand the need of fathers, their children and families
Did you know?
- Children with involved fathers are less likely to act out in school or engage in risky behaviors in adolescents
- Research shows that children with more involved fathers experienced fewer behavioral problems and scored higher on reading achievement
A father can make the difference in a child’s life.
Calling all fathers
Learn how to connect with your children and understand the positive and longterm impact you can have on your child’s life. We encourage you to participate in our Fatherhood Initiative, leadership committees and social activities. As an active member in your child’s life and in our Fatherhood Initiative community, you’ll be shaping your child’s future in important ways.
Let’s work together for your child
It’s critically important for fathers to take on a highly active and responsible role in the lives of their children. In a welcoming and supportive environment, we help fathers reconnect with their children and understand the positive and long-term impact they can have on a child’s life.
Children without a father are twice as likely to drop out of school. An active and nurturing style of fathering creates better intellectual functioning and fewer behavioral and emotional problems.
Contact us today
Give us a call today at 313.831.5535 to learn how you can make the difference in your child’s life.