What is World Cafe? Simply put, it’s a place for people to discuss their thoughts, enjoy a relaxing environment (and snacks!), and collaborate on new ideas. Every voice counts!
Our first World Cafe brought cross-departmental team members of The Children’s Center (TCC) in two different sessions to brainstorm ideas as we plan for the future of services for children and families. We asked participants to consider two questions at our World Cafe:
- How can The Children’s Center make the biggest difference for clients?
- What are the underlying needs of The Children’s Center clients?
Participants discussed each question for 20 minutes in small groups, then came together for a “harvest,” which brought the entire group together to discuss ideas and make connections. Some takeaways included:
- Incorporating new transportation ideas to tackle family struggles
- Be a one-stop shop for parents, children and families
- More community involvement, including on a political advocacy level
- Enhance our digital tools for improved communication
- Enhance our ability to help families with housing needs
Our World Cafe enabled all staff members across the agency the chance to be included in the progress and innovation at TCC. It was so successful, we are marking our calendars for more sessions!