- This event has passed.
All Walks of Life; Expressions of Trauma
February 27 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Children’s Center presents our annual Faces of Trauma event. Trauma affects each person in a different ways and often when one member of a family experiences it, the whole family is involved. Faces of Trauma is an event that explores the impact of trauma, and how individuals, families, and communities cope with it.
Attendees will have an opportunity to
- Hear from guest moderator Kevin Fischer, Executive Director for NAMI Michigan; leading a panel discussion that focuses on different perspectives of trauma from community residents and families.
- There will be a one on one discussion between Kevin Fischer and special guest Dr. John Baugh, psychiatrist at The Children’s Center about trauma statistics and the role of a psychiatrist during treatment.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 5:00-7:30 p.m., Building 79, Rooms A, B, C
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Childcare is available for children who are potty-trained.
To attend contact Susan Thomas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 313.262.1175.
This program is recommended for adult and children ages 13 and up. Spanish, Arabic, and ASL translations available upon request. This event is sponsored by The Children’s Centers Consumer Advisory Council, Youth United, and Youth MOVE Detroit.