At The Children’s Center, we know there’s no substitute for a loving and caring home for children. Yet, most come to us frightened and traumatized from homes devastated by mental and physical abuse and neglect.
- Over 14,000 Michigan children in foster care annually
- Every 18 minutes a child is abused or neglected
- Every 28 seconds a child is placed in foster care
- 1 in 5 children has a diagnosable mental disorder
- Less than 50% of Greater Detroit’s children arrive to kindergarten meeting ready-to-learn measures
- There are more births to teenage mothers in Greater Detroit than any other tri-county area in Michigan
These children desperately need a safe home, one that will nurture and raise them to be productive and capable adults.
Please call us today at 313.262.1119 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you can change a child’s life.